dearest coffee mug…you complete me.
have i mentioned how much i love my coffee mug? and when i say love, i mean truly. madly. deeply. i love this mug. and it is a scientifically-proven fact that this mug makes my coffee taste all the better. and on cold days, that coffee mug is like a little piece of heaven in my hands. warm and fuzzy and smelling all cinnamon-y, mocha-y, and coffee-y.
in my world, it’s the perfect size (15 oz of pure delight), the perfect shape. quite simply…the perfect mug. and may God grant mercy upon the poor soul that might happen to stumble into the kitchen before me in the morning and unknowingly use MY mug.
and what’s our recipe for the perfect cup of coffee? amie and i take a few minutes to stir up the perfect concoction every morning.
- fresh-ground hazelnut beans (we drink so much, we buy ‘em in bulk HERE. and we buy ‘em frequently:)).
- a spoonful of 100% unsweetened cocoa (we use ghirardelli)
- a spoonful of local honey (we’re biiiiig fans of the honey bee)
- a few shakes of cinnamon (or we recently discovered the cinnamon grinder….oh baby)
- fill yer mug about 3/4 full with coffee
- add a healthy dose of half-and-half. and yes, we use the FULL-fat, bring-it-on-baby, variety…preferably organic.
now if you’ll excuse me, i think i need another cup of coffee….